Why Annual Maintenance Is So Important
Chances are, you use your heater and air conditioner fairly often, but how often are you thinking about the health of these systems? If you are like most homeowners, probably not much. However, much like oil changes and tune-ups keep your car running smoothly, regularly scheduled maintenance done by a professional can improve the health of your HVAC systems and provide some surprising benefits. Our skilled team at Royal Class Service is sharing why maintenance is so important, and what to inspect from your first tune-up service.
Is Maintenance Worth the Cost?
The short answer? Yes. If you are trusting a reputable HVAC technician with your maintenance, it is likely that your service will be done quickly and affordably. In fact, our team offers a maintenance membership program to save you money on not only your tune-up, but on other services as well.
6 benefits to annual tune-ups:
- Extend the life of your systems: Studies have shown that systems that receive yearly maintenance have a longer usable lifespan compared to those that don’t, which means you can put off a replacement for a little longer.
- Reduce your monthly energy bills: When your heater or AC is clogged with debris or not lubricated properly, it can constrict airflow and cause your system to overwork—leading to higher energy bills and more discomfort. Maintenance will clean and lubricate your units to ensure this isn’t happening to you.
- Improve your systems’ efficiency: The phrase “cleanliness is next to godliness” applies to your HVAC systems too. When your heater and AC are cleaned and inspected annually, they are more likely to function optimally, translating to greater comfort for you and your family.
- Reduce the chance of emergency repairs: The last thing you want is for your AC or heater to break down when you need them most. When a professional is thoroughly inspecting your systems annually, they are able to spot potential problems before they turn into major repairs.
- Improve your understanding of your HVAC systems: Knowledge is power, and when you speak to a qualified technician about your heater or AC, you gain a greater understanding of these systems, allowing you to make smarter, more informed decisions about these units in the future.
- Improve your indoor air quality: When your heater and AC are properly cleaned and maintained, it reduces your exposure to airborne contaminants. These contaminants can affect not only your comfort but also your health, as pollutants can exacerbate asthma and allergy symptoms and even expose you to bacteria and viruses. Small children and the elderly are particularly affected. that is why during our service, we will evaluate your indoor air quality and offer honest recommendations to keep your home fresh, comfortable, and safe. For more information on Indoor Air Quality while performing a tune-up, click here!
What to Expect From Your Service
Not all HVAC companies are created equally, which is why it is important to call upon a well-respected business, as we will give you the most bang for your buck.
Typical maintenance service from Royal Class Service will include:
- Thoroughly inspecting the entire heater or AC
- Cleaning or changing air filters
- Cleaning the heat exchanger, hot surface igniter, and flame sensor rod
- Lubricate the motor, bearings, and fans
- Analyze and monitor your home's indoor air quality
- Check individual components
- Perform tests to evaluate operations
- Check your thermostat
- And more!
Our experienced technicians will make sure everything is in proper working order, and if not, we will offer our honest recommendations on how to fix it fast.
Are you ready to take control of the health of your HVAC systems and live in the Hudson Valley area? Call Royal Class Service at (845) 764-8046 or contact us online today!